[Offtopic] Choice of Electronic Whiteboard

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 14:44:05 EST 2007

Our school has Promethean ACTIVboards, which I understand were bought
as they are near indestructable (have survived chairs being thrown at
them and such). I personally find some aspects of the software
annoying, but can't compare with others as I haven't used them, and at
the end of the day, it works OK. One teacher has complained of the
pens providing some problems for primary students to use as they
require a degree of pressure. I was chatting about these with someone
at our school who said that he heard someone who was talking to
someone at Promethean say that 3M interactive whiteboards are the best
around. But that's third hand information, and I don't think 3M have a
big foot in the education marketplace.

My partner's school uses Smartboards and she raves about them.

Vvik