[Offtopic] National Literacy and Numeracy Week 2007 Award Winners

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Aug 17 15:10:56 EST 2007

Hi all,

Congratulations to all of our NLNW school award winners ..

<http://www.literacyandnumeracy.gov.au/>

National Literacy and Numeracy Week is an Australian Government initiative, run in collaboration with states and territories.  Developing effective literacy and numeracy skills makes a big difference to Australians of all ages. In 2007 we recognise and celebrate those schools and individuals making a difference in literacy and numeracy education.  Congratulations to all award winners. These awards are recognition of the outstanding commitment to improving literacy and numeracy across Australia.

When is it Happening? NLNW 2007 will be celebrated between 3 and 9 September 2007.  Key Events: The Awards Ceremony for the NLNW Minister's Awards and Excellence Awards for Schools was held on 16 August 2007, in Parliament House, Canberra.

 **  Excellence Awards for Schools - 2007 Recipients  **

Government Excellence Awards

NSW - Warnervale Public School
VIC - Rushworth P-12 College
QLD - Pomona State School
SA - Braeview Junior Primary School
WA - East Narrogin Primary School
TAS - St Leonards Primary School
NT - Ludmilla Primary School
ACT - Aranda Primary School

Non-Government Excellence Awards

NSW- Christian Brothers’ High School, Lewisham
NSW - Holy Family Primary School, Emerton
SA - Scotch College, Torrens Park
SA - St Monica’s Parish School, Walkerville

Numeracy Excellence Awards

NSW - Holy Family Primary School, Menai
VIC - Shepparton High School
WA - Campbell Primary School

  ** Highly Commended Awards - 2007 winners **

New South Wales
Wiley Park Public School
Dee Why Public School
Erina High School
Empire Bay Public School
Coonamble High School
Warrawong High School
Westdale Public School
Kangaroo Valley Public School
Berne Education Centre, Lewisham
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School, Terrigal
Presbyterian Ladies College, Armidale
St Agatha’s Catholic Primary School, Pennant Hills

Victoria
Elizabeth Street Primary School, Moe
St Peter’s Primary School, Epping
Caroline Springs College
Urquhart Park Primary School, Ballarat
Korumburra Secondary College
Kings Park Primary School, St Albans
Footscray Primary School
St John’s Primary School, Footscray
St Mary Magdalen’s School, Chadstone

Queensland
Good News Lutheran School, Middle Park
Seven Hills State School
Millmerran State School
Toowoomba South State School
Park Ridge State High School
Boondall State School
Kimberly Park State School, Shailer Park
Thornlands State School

South Australia
Kingston-on-Murray Primary School
Mt Gambier North Primary School
Mannum Community College
St Paul’s College, Gilles Plains

Western Australia
Christmas Island District High School
Willandra Primary School, Armadale
Middle Swan Primary School, Stratton
St Thomas Primary School, Claremont
Tambellup Primary School

Northern Territory
Sacred Heart Primary School, Palmerston

Australian Capital Territory
Evatt Primary School
St Thomas the Apostle Primary School, Kambah
--

Cheers, people
Stephen Loosley