[Offtopic] Thanks .. and two new email client releases.

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:01:15 EST 2007

A very good suggestion .. in fact, users can create a dedicated VMWare
windows machine that runs on an external and portable usb 2 drive. Backups
can be done by copying the vmware machine image and the virtual machine is
isolated from the host computer. It is a great approach for a small
businesses owner that wishes to isolate the family computer activities from
their work computer.

Similarly, if users on a windows computer wish to peek a look at Ubuntu,
they can build a test VMWare Ubuntu machine and tinker with this instead or
download a VMWare Ubuntu image to try out.

Many schools are already moving towards this kind of deployment for their
file servers, even enabling a suite of different network operating systems
to run together on the same box.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au