[Offtopic] (no subject)

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Apr 23 07:31:22 EST 2007

Funny you should say that. I have an English teacher that had a bad HDD
replaced by Lenovo. Was able to keep old one to try to recover his data.
He downloaded lots of trial data recovery software- which of course
asked for $ to actually recover the data rather than just display it.
I booted from Ubuntu and we plugged in the old drive via a USB. Saw the
files and  got the data onto the network (couldn't dump it onto his new
HDD - I don't think the live CD gives access to the inbuilt HDD???  Well
I couldn't find it in the usual places anyway.)
Not a problem. However I think MEPIS is a better live CD to use in these
situations, more tools.

Cheers
Cameron