[Offtopic] Disclaimers and implications

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 11:45:02 EST 2005

Hi folks,

        At a recent meeting we had a teacher ask who "stamps" an
outgoing message as being legally without liability and with a
disclaimer that is "watertight". He also asked the same question
regarding each web page accessible from outside of the school hosted on
a school server.

         Have any schools sought legal or other departmental advice and
does such advice exist with guidelines ? I have looked at some
signatures of messages on the lists that have disclaimers and wondered
if it was just a concensus for that school or through some formal legal
foundation .

         I would love to hear from anyone with any experience or
background on all aspects of this "off topic " issue on the "offtopic"
mailing list !

Regards

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
Mailing List(s) Creator and Administrator
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au/lists
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034