[Offtopic] Swinburne University Seminar - ICT in 2008

Malcolm Ward mward at ict.swin.edu.au
Tue Aug 9 13:25:21 EST 2005

Dear IT Coordinators,

The Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies at Swinburne will
be holding a Seminar on Wednesday August 24th for VCE Careers Advisers and
IT Teachers (Years 10,11,12), to discuss the topic: "ICT in 2008: Skill
Shortage or Oversupply".

Employment in the ICT sector is now showing growth again. After some years
of depressed opportunities employers are now actively seeking to appoint new
ICT graduates.

The prospects for ICT graduates with good technical and generic skills are
excellent. Employers are very concerned that the message of return to
prosperity in the sector has not yet been received well by prospective
students.

I am pleased to invite you to the 'ICT in 2008' seminar, (please see
attached information) at Swinburne where you will be able to hear directly
from several industry representatives how ICT offers promising opportunity
to graduates. Further sessions will be of great value to IT Teachers and
have relevance to current curriculum. We will also highlight the paths and
study opportunities for IT students in secondary schools.

I hope you are able to attend, and that you will feel confident, like I do,
that study in ICT can be strongly recommended for students who will commence
tertiary study in 2006.

Yours Sincerely,

Prof Doug Grant
Dean, Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
(+61 3) 9214 8764
dgrant at swin.edu.au

Day One is Swinburne Open Day,
10AM - 4PM Sunday 28 August