[Moodle] Request for suggestions

Robert Ruzbacky ruzbackyr at aloysius.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 26 12:41:25 EST 2009

You could try to setup a quiz, though each time you mark a question, it
keeps refreshing the screen to reload the whole quiz again.

Another method I use is creating several journals. That way you can do the
worksheets in sections and mark as you go.

If the workbook is very lengthy, then they could fill them in as a Word
document (or other) and upload it as an assignment.

Another option is just use a Word document where it is corrected in red
via a rubric and comments are made throughout and a mark is given. The
students had submitted the Word document in a special network folder
called "Submit Work" then under the name of the teacher. The only sticking
point is trying to setup permissions so that other students don't see each
other's mark.

All options depend on how much time you have, especially the web /
database option!

Regards,

Robert
St Aloysius College

> Hi Folks,
>
>   Sorry for the cross posts.
>
> Our Yr 8 Health Class uses a paper based book with worksheets they fill in
> along the traditional lines such as introduction, theory, then questions.
> Teacher collects books, marks them and gives them back.
>
> Admin have decided it would be great to have these online so students fill
> in answers online and teacher collects online, marks online and saves or
> records results online. Sounds exciting.
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how they would implement this proposal ?
> Perhaps a number of Moodle Assignments ?
> Or a number of PDF forms to be filled on line and submitted ?
> Or a number of Web pages created with forms and submission into a back end
> database /MySQL server ?
>

> Just wondering what others think about this.
>

> With thanks
>
> Kevork Krozian
> Digital Learning Manager
> Forest Hill College
> k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au<mailto:k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au>
> Tel: 0419 356 034

received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening
or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any
loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the
sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any
attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected
attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of St. Aloysius College.

St. Aloysius College
31 Curran Street, North Melbourne, Australia
P.O. Box 2072, Hotham Hill,
North Melbourne, Vic. 3051
Telephone: 03 9329 0411
Facsimile: 03 9328 2801