[Moodle] Ubuntu, Moodle etc..Kent.

Michael Greenhill mi at whsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 11 16:16:07 EST 2008

Vik,

I was operating under the assumption that Kent's hand-me-down PCs were of
the 32bit (x86) variety, as I don't know many schools who are replacing
64bit PCs :)

Yes, you can get Gnome for the server edition in a snap, but to do so means
you've got one more thing to do post-install, and possibly one more point at
which to get horribly confused. And as others have already stated,
downloading costs quite a lot of money; to download Gnome takes 267 packages
(on one of my 7.04 servers), 66.3mb of downloads and 360mb of disk space
after unpacking.

Michael Greenhill
IT Technician
Wheelers Hill Secondary College

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of WHSC, Edumail or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or
act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. WHSC and Edumail does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the
author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of WHSC or Edumail.