[Moodle] Moodlle vs commercial products

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:02:10 EST 2007

> We are using a commercial system called Masterfile at our school which has
> generally been a pain in the proverbial.  I've tried convincing the IT
> manager to change to Moodle but his main gripe appears to be about security.
>  Have you had an issues with security on Moodle?  What have other schools
> experiences been with Moodle?  Is there a better commercial system that is
> actually affordable (ie. not Blackboard).  Any feedback on this would be
> greatly appreciated.

Heh - this such an old argument - put the onus on him to prove to you
why a closed, proprietary system is more secure than an open-source
system. You might want to use Linux vs Windows and Firefox vs IE as
examples (search slashdot.org for specific security fix information he
needs more examples).

And no, I've never had any security issues with it. It works great.

vik