[Moodle] Using Humbolts' file manager in 1.7

Robert Ruzbacky ruzbackyr at aloysius.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 12 11:58:32 EST 2007

I found that the upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 put all teachers in the courses
even though they were not there before. Also my students seem to be
viewing every single course, but are not enrolled if this makes sense (I
think it is part of the my courses block on our front page.

Regards,

Robert
St Aloysius College

> I havnt checked this yet Phil .. am busy trying to get my head around the
> new roles system for giving users or objects different abilities. Teachers
> found themselves enrolled in every course until I spotted that the tech
> was
> adding them in at the root level of the system, not just for the course
> that
> they were teaching. All up it is still a very good idea but it is worth
> knowing how this works folks before you step up to 1.7
>
> Regards Roland
>
> On 10/02/07, Phil Brown <phil_brown at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>  Is any one successful in upgrading Moodle for 1.6 to 1.7 and keeping
>> Humbolt Unis' file manager? I did a test upgrade on my spare Moodle and
>> it
>> wouldn't upgrade or  work in 1.7.
>>

>> Phil Brown
>>
>> Wellington Secondary College
>> Authority and
>>  http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>> Teachers
>> Association Inc

> http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

> change
> the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening
or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any
loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the
sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any
attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected
attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of St. Aloysius College.

St. Aloysius College
31 Curran Street, North Melbourne, Australia
P.O. Box 2072, Hotham Hill,
North Melbourne, Vic. 3051
Telephone: 03 9329 0411
Facsimile: 03 9328 2801
http://www.aloysius.vic.edu.au

*    This email has been virus scanned by    *
*              LINUX CLAMAV                  *
*           http://www.clamav.net/           *