[Moodle] Daily Bulletin on Moodle - whats the best method ?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon May 1 23:36:36 EST 2006

The wiki is a good idea as a knowedge tree to digest or farm information but
I wonder about its value for getting a message out to all staff. I had a
similar problem, how best to work out an e-version of our staff daily
bulletin. In the end, I created an area called Staff and organised school
staff within into groups called Teachers / SSO / Other. A News forum enables
e-mail messages to be posted to all the staff and a Principal bulletin
allows for a daily bulletin to be posted to all the college staff. I
tortured myself over this but in the end decided to turn off the reply and
post options for everybody but the admin team and office staff. We have
other forums for social chat, footy tipping, professional learning teams tc
but they are opt-in and small groups rather than spam for all.

Regards Roland