[Moodle] Moodle 1.5 - Instant Messaging

Philip Brown BROWN-PH at oxley.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 2 13:57:25 EST 2005

I think I agree with Rolan. However, consider that the messaging
interface is not as slick as MSN or a chat room It may prove a bit
cumbersome for students to use regularly. Then again I haven't used it
in a classroom situation so I don't really know. It's good that it can
be turned off if it goes out of control. Being clear about how it should
be used is a good way to start.

Phil Brown
Oxley Colege
9727 9917
>>> jpoulos at crancc.vic.edu.au 2/6/2005 9:46:02 am >>>

Hi all,
    I was wondering, with the impending release of Moodle version 1.5,
what others thought of the instant messaging feature that is in this
version. Are people going to turn it off, or use it? If you use it, are
there any specific things to do to make sure students don't abuse it?

Personally, I would prefer it if it was only available to staff, but I
dont think there is that option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
James

James Poulos
IT Coordinator
Cranbourne Christian College
jpoulos at crancc.vic.edu.au
Ph: 03 5995 2188
Authority and
http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association IncDisclaimer: This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all
copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and
defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused
by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly
from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to
resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions
expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of Cranbourne Christian College.