[Year 12 IT Apps] A fun plagiarism activity - useful for the 2016 Informatics MMOS

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Sep 7 16:31:30 AEST 2015

Hi, original-thinkers

Here's a fun activity for a windy Monday. Visit

http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

and paste in some text from an *astounding-good* essay/report handed in by
your *least-capable* student.

It may soon tell you where the 'genius' came from.

Sigh. As I originally said (with NO contribution *whatsoever* by C.E.M.
Joad), "Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources”.

Some *may* say I copied Joad's quote simply because of the fact that he
died 4 years before I was born, but ... but... no. Wait. Hang on a minute...

Mark

​It's so sad that most universities need to routinely run theses and essays
through commercial plagiarism checkers.​ But let's not pretend the
plagiarism hasn't been going on for thousands of years.
​I was SO annoyed when Shakespeare adapted my draft of 'Macbeth - The Mad
Scottish Git' without paying as much as a groat.​

--

​
*​​"First they ignore you.*

​(as quoted later by
​
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, of whom you probably not have heard - I hope.)​

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com