[Year 12 IT Apps] For 2016 - Gender inclusivity

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon May 25 13:32:51 AEST 2015

The recognition of intersexuality is going to upset many exam writers who
used to love using "Sex" as a Boolean field.

Intersex, gender, sex, gender identity etc become important and relevant
terms and issues in the new study design.

You might want to look up what the terms mean and how they differ...
https://www.humanrights.gov.au/publications/section-3-note-terminology-addressing-sexual-orientation-and-sex-andor-gender-identity
Spoiler: "gender" is not a euphemism for "sex" and the words are not
interchangeable.

A discussion page can be found here...
https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work/sexuality-sex-gender-identity/about-sexual-orientation-gender-identity-and-intersex-status

It's an interesting read.