[Year 12 IT Apps] Exam Question - Types of Information Systems

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Sep 5 12:57:16 EST 2014

Yes, it can be hard to forget old study design contents.

The current study design (ITA U4O1, p.36) still refers to "types of goals
of organisations and information systems" and "characteristics of
strategic, tactical and operational decisions made in organisations" but it
no longer refers to TPS, MIS, DSS, EIS etc.

I am already so deep into the 2016 study design that it's already getting
hard to remember what's in the current design and what's in the next one.

On 4 September 2014 23:08, Roland Gesthuizen <rgesthuizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Onto it already, question has been fixed. Drop the DLTV office a line for
> the updated copy if they have not yet contacted you with the errata.
>
> I have fallen for this trap myself using a text book for inspiration and
> study perspiration. As Mark would probably sternly remind me if he spotted
> me working like this, don't forget to read the study design (sigh) ..
>

> *Roland GESTHUIZEN*http://about.me/rgesthuizen
>

> On 4 Sep 2014, at 8:42 am, Christopher Jansen <
> Christopher.Jansen at sjc.vic.edu.au> wrote:
>
> I was just having a look at the practice exam I purchased and found the
> following question.
>
> <image001.jpg>
>
> It was my understanding that the types of systems were not covered in the
> study design.. (see screen shot from the text book below). I think this may
> be a legacy from an old study design?
>
> <image002.png>
>
> Can anyone shed some light on if I should have covered this with my class
> or not? I’m pretty sure I am correct not to cover it.. but just wanted to
> make sure.
>
> Thanks,
>

> *Christopher JansenMathematics and Information Technology Teacher*
> <image003.jpg>
>
> *St Joseph's College Geelong*
> 135 Aphrasia Street, Newtown Vic 3220
> Ph Office: 03 5226 8100
> Fax: 03 5221 6983
> www.sjc.vic.edu.au
>
> *compassion innovation  integrity*

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*"Due to recent advances in DNA analysis, I will no longer be spitting in
your coffee."  *Anon