[Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 3 Outcome 1 Web Authoring Software

Mark mark at vceit.com
Sat May 3 08:52:31 EST 2014

Hi David. Regarding the working at home, basically the answer is no. You
need to be able to authenticate their work, and you can't do that if you
don't know how it's produced, or by whom. I used to let my kids gather
information/pictures at home, and create time-consuming but peripheral
things like graphical logos etc - but that's it.

It's hard to advise timing for you. My tradition was to spend some lead-up
class time covering relevant theory and interspersing that with some
practical practice tasks. They'd have a date when the task would begin in
earnest, and their job was to be skilled up by then. The task itself would
then take about 7 periods (about 350 minutes) of classtime. Kids would not
be allowed to work on the SAC out of that time.

On 2 May 2014 21:52, David B. Thomas <david.b.thomas at rmit.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just started at a particular school and they have switched Unit 3
> Outcome 1 with Unit 3 Outcome 2. This is fine by me and means that I am now
> asking the students to produce a web site.
>
> I haven't taught ITApps before but have an IT industry background.
>
> I have got some great resources for the SAC but was wondering about timing
> and location. Is it OK if I start them on the SAC immediately and get them
> to hand in some draft problem solving documents so that they are not
> burdened with everything later in the term?
>
> Is it OK if they work on the web site at home?
>
> I think the answer to the above questions is yes but wanted to double
> check as I am the only IT teacher in my school which is actually a TAFE.
> Regards,
> David.

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*Everything that used to be a sin is now a disease - Bill Maher *