[Year 12 IT Apps] Hydromatics

Mark mark at vceit.com
Sun Apr 13 12:50:36 EST 2014

The more I think about the draft study design, the more worried I get.

Do you remember the draft of the current study design, released in 2010? It
proposed two database outcomes. I, and I assume others of you, complained
bitterly about that, so a spreadsheet option was offered - and I believe
most schools took it up.

Has anyone else noticed that the ultramatic study now effectively forces
THREE database outcomes on students? There are no options. There is no
respite.

We were worried enough about *one* database outcome putting students off
enrolling. Now we face *three* database outcomes.

I don't envy you selling that during VCE Information Evenings.

"Ah, what is hydro- sorry - informatics? Well, it's basically IT. No, I
don't know why they didn't just call it IT. But apparently it shouldn't be
confused with IT. hehehe. What do they do? Databases. Sorry? No, no
spreadsheets. No, they don't create fun websites either, any more. It's
databases for 3 outcomes.  Yes, I agree - it *will* be exciting. Oh, sorry.
I thought you were being serious. Why didn't they call it Database Studies?
Hmmm. I see your point, but it's not *all* databases! There's... um...
there's... hey! Don't go away. I need at least ten kids to get a class up.
 Come back. I'll pay you... If you sign up now, I'll give you 33% off
normal forms - we'll only cover 1NF and 2NF. That's a saving of... O,
dammit."

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*Everything that used to be a sin is now a disease - Bill Maher *