[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA 2013 post mortem - Part A

Mark mark at vceit.com
Wed Nov 6 15:18:45 EST 2013

Thanks for the kind words, Jackson, and I'm sorry to see you leave our
community.

You never know, though. You could be back when ITA hits its backswing and
enrolments quadruple...
(cough)

Regards
Mark

On 6 November 2013 12:18, Jackson Bates <bates.j at wcc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your Post-mortem thus far, Mark.
>
> I used the same logic as Joyce, thinking it was project-based (most of my
> kids answered that way, too) - but thought knowledge sharing made a lot of
> sense too. I'd be interested to hear the official line from VCAA and their
> rationale when they are done with their report. I agree that it was a tough
> opener. I agree with your (Mark's) frustrations about the ERD question, too
> - I came up with the same answer, but it wasn't a question that I felt
> tested what the kids had actually been told to prepare for in the study
> design. Common-sense makes it easy enough to answer, but common-sense would
> also suggest not asking questions where common-sense is the only resource
> at your disposal to answer it on the exam.
>
> The rest of the paper felt easy to me. There were one of two questions
> where I couldn't figure out exactly what VCAA wanted in the answer, but
> generally I was pretty happy with the paper.
>
> On a personal note: this is my last year teaching ITA. I've had to give it
> up after a couple of years of juggling 3 year 12 classes and decided next
> year I should hand over the IT to someone else.
>
> A huge thank you to all who have been a tremendous support. Obviously the
> biggest thanks go to Mark Kelly for his excellent site and resources - He's
> probably had the biggest single impact of any classroom teacher on the
> whole state for any subject, and I certainly wouldn't have had half the
> success I have had without his help! But the rest of you are awesome as
> well - thanks for all of the insight and resources you've shared over the
> years. I wish the English edulist was this useful :)
>
> Kind regards and best wishes to you all for the future,
>
> Jackson Bates
> Waverley Christian College

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

Day 19, I have successfully conditioned my master to smile and write in his
book every time I drool.- Pavlov's Dog