[Year 12 IT Apps] Windows 8.1

Hutchison, Geoffrey G hutchison.geoffrey.g at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Dec 14 00:45:52 EST 2013

Jeez I laugh when I hear a tech say something is "mandated" by the DEECD. Look at the "ultranet" fiasco - some schools didn't touch it with a barge pole (the sensible ones), other fell in line, yet the "ultranet" was 'mandated'. Lol

The dept may well be distributing software as a standard image, but there are plenty of different images available.

Reality is: schools decide for themselves: the tech savvy ones are well on the way to setting up their own SOEs and other needs; the bogan schools follow a tech line for "mandated" use.

Sadly Leanne, your school may be one of the latter. Quality of school management and tech people is all. (You never know, the needs of staff and kids may get a look in. Lol)

Geoff Hutchison