[Year 12 IT Apps] Q16 revisited

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:37:12 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm not claiming any authority whatsoever in this as I don't even teach the
subject, but it seems to me that the two terms being used ("scope" and
"solutions requirements") equate in meaning to the more generally used
terms "Project Scope" and "Solution Scope", and that "scope" on its own is
ambiguous (and thus Mark's interpretation is correct if "scope" includes
product scope.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scope_%28project_management%29

I realise this doesn't answer the question about the exam but it might help
tighten up the PM terminology used into the future. (or perhaps there is a
project management lexicon defined for the course, in which case my
comments can be disregarded)

BTW I really enjoy the level of professional support within this group and
I have learned a lot that can be directly applied to the courses I teach,
even though the content is different. We all have similar challenges, it
seems.

Cheers
Ken
DoE Tasmania