[Year 12 IT Apps] Q16 revisited

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 15 12:19:05 EST 2012

Hi all. I've had several good people write to suggest that the answer to
Q16 should be B instead of A because of what the study design says about
requirements and scope.

While B parrots the words of the study design (inappropriately, IMO, since
it's using the *present* tense to describe a *future* product, which is
confusing) option A, to my way of thinking, better describes the answer.

It all depends on the difference between solutions requirements and
scope... the study design insists they are two separate things but does not
explain how they are functionally different.

We had this discussion before the exam: what is the difference between
specifying solution requirements and specifying scope?  We never got a good
answer to that one, and the exam question is leveraging that exact point of
confusion.

So I'll throw it up in the air again: if you fully specify solution
requirements, how is that different to specifying scope?  Are they not
effectively identical?  In which case both options A and B are correct.

Mark Kelly - kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Secondary College, McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Phone: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://edulists.com.au/itapps/index.htm>
Visit Diigo links for ITA <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-info-tech> and
SD <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-sd>
--
My personal best for the 100 metre sprint is 11.9 metres.