[Year 12 IT Apps] Exam question 11c

Rob Mercer RMercer at salesianchad.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 16 09:33:50 EST 2011

Thanks that is how I thought they wanted it to be interpreted it as
well, was not aware of the ancient study design link (foolishly been
teaching to this one) although generally I think it would be accepted
that 'equipment' is physical resources not logical ones like software. I
guess it comes from the point in the key knowledge:

* procedures and equipment for preventing unauthorised access to data
and information and for minimising the loss of data accessed by
authorised and unauthorised users

If you have a look at the glossary term definition for 'Physical
security measures/devices', its definition is 'Equipment used to assist
in the protection of information systems...', in my mind that links the
term 'physical' with the term 'equipment'.

The only physical thing I could think of within the context of that
question was a lock box for the external hard drive while it was being
transported in the biologists backpack.

Hopefully this does not confuse my students as much as it did me J

Rob Mercer