[Year 12 IT Apps] An ITA Exam query

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Mon Nov 14 10:12:55 EST 2011

Hi All
Just to add a long term perspective:
That is why question and answer booklets were created so as to limit the
amount of rubbish that could be put on a page.

[In the old old old days when students wrote in script books it could be a
nightmare if they were into rubbish ‹ yes I have been marking for a while ,
since 1990]

The number of lines gives student a limited space to write and the use of
boxes, numbering sub parts of questions so that students remember to answer
each part of a multi part question and spreading the questions out a little
really did help students to get more marks on the board ­ i.e. They actually
attempted all parts of all questions.

ALSO:  I believe it is the examiners¹ job to create the spread with the
quality of questions. It is the markers¹ job to mark. So many students have
so much problem giving good answers that they need every help that they can
get.

Also think about why these subjects are scaled so savagely (-- mind you, not
as bad as vet furniture design)

Andrew
Andrew Shortell

mailto:shortell at get2me.net