[Year 12 IT Apps] Constraints vs Scope

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Sun Jul 17 12:29:50 EST 2011

Hi Chris. Constraints are factors that limit your choices when designing and
developing a product - e.g.  it must be produced within 3 months and cost no
more than $x, it has to be portable/run on batteries/obey certain laws or
standards, be usable by blind people, etc.
Scope could well be thought of as maximum requirements; it just defines what
the product should be able to achieve and what it should not be expected to
do.

Cheers
Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.