[Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 2 Outcome 3.

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 6 08:23:01 EST 2010

The spirit is that it is a real outside person.  In desperation, I have used
teachers as clients in the past, but it's still very much an insulated
environment with supportive and comfortable people being your boss.  They
need to learn with *normal* people, not teachers  ;-)

I tell them early in the year to start finding clients - the shock of
dealing with people in the real-world is a valuable experience.

On 2 September 2010 19:24, Robert Koren
<robert.koren at overnewton.vic.edu.au>wrote:

>  Folks,
>

> Trying to get my head around some of the new study design for IT and I
> wanted to know how to interpret “client” in Unit 2 Outcome 3.  Can I as a
> teacher simulate a client with my students issued a case study to complete
> for their projects or do I have to go out and find clients that my students
> report to?
>

> When I read it I feel I am supposed to have a real world example and I am
> going to find it hard to find projects with real world clients.
>

> Your thoughts??
>

> Regards,
>

> Robert Koren
>
> Head of Pasteur House
>
> Head of IT Faculty 9 - 12
>
> Overnewton Anglican Community College
>
> Telephone: (03) 9334 0031
>
> Email: robert.koren at overnewton.vic.edu.au
>

>  ------------------------------
>
> A dual campus, coeducational Prep to Year 12 school.  Delivering
> consistently high academic results in Melbourne's North West for over 23
> years.
>
> www.overnewton.vic.edu.au
>
> *Keilor Campus*  *I*  2-30 Overnewton Road Keilor, Victoria, 3036  *I*  *T
> *  03 9334 0000  *I*  *F*  03 9336 1835
> *Taylors Lakes Campus*  *I*  39 - 57 Robertsons Road Taylors Lakes,
> Victoria, 3038  *I*  *T*  03 9334 0000  *I*  *F*  03 9390 5144
>
> 2010 College Theme  *I*  *Walk in another's shoes*  *I*
>
> *Consider the environment before choosing to print this email. *

Information Systems Manager; Reporting Manager
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Korma: the philosophy that what you get out of a curry depends on what you
put into it.