[Year 12 IT Apps] IPADs in education

Sullivan, Glenn M sullivan.glenn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 4 12:11:22 EST 2010

One benefit is that they are touch screen so the students can use apps without having to remember keystrokes.

Another is that the kids get excited by their use and are happy to use them for problem solving tasks.

There are some very good remedial maths apps/games and some more advanced puzzles like Tangrams.

I have just received an iPad to test roll marking and have used it in classes with students.  They get excited by it and are happy to play any games and are not fazed by doing the maths when using it.

Good Luck

Glenn Sullivan
Campus Manager - McBride Campus
0408 852 647