[Year 12 IT Apps] IT apps study design

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Sun Mar 28 17:44:23 EST 2010

Speaking as ITA list moderator:

Hi Adrian.  I am disappointed that Roland's gentle request for information
about the study design has been met by such an angry and unwarranted
vitriolic attack.

Such comments will only sour the relationships on this list and discourage
anyone new who was unsure about the safety of posting here.

As an experienced member of our community, you would surely have thought of
addressing your personal feelings to Roland by private channels: I am sad
that you did not follow that path.

Regards
Mark

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Janson, Adrian A <
janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Roland,
>

> Firstly,
>

> As you pointed out – if there was something that you wanted to add to the
> study design, you had your chance.  Now is not the time to bring up any
> proposed additions or amendments.
>

> Mark, as always, thanks for providing the info for those who want to make a
> comparison of the old study versus the new.  I would like to add that simply
> reading this summary is not really the way to come to grips with the study.
> Mark will have a good grasp of what is in the study – and he has done this
> by reading it from cover to cover – which I strongly encourage all of you to
> do.  A summary is great – but does not substitute for a full reading – and
> in order to implement the study you it is vital that we all come to terms
> with the key knowledge and key skills.
>

> Roland,  I think your tone is out of order.  As I member of the writing
> team for the study, I am insulted that you feel we don’t have an idea of
> what cloud computing is – and you imply that we didn’t do our research –
> which is far from the truth.  Perhaps you should have a good read of the
> study design before making criticisms of this nature – and then we can have
> an informed discussion rather than one that appears to be based on
> assumptions.
>

> Adrian
>

> Adrian Janson
>
> VITTA President
>
> Director of ICT,
>
> Melbourne High School

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
> Development.

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au