[Year 12 IT Apps] Study design - 56Kbps modem

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 00:50:57 EST 2010

Wow, if I tug on a piece of string I can probably transmit at the rate of 4
bps, if I could line up 16 clones with strings in parallel, I could probably
reach this speed. The real bottleneck is my brain that operates at about one
flop per second (with no check digit you can expect oodles of errors) a
system for caching the string tugs and adding a user interface with some
empty tin cans.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au