[Year 12 IT Apps] Java Update

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 17 14:53:42 EST 2008

Yep.  I'd say IT success is 1% technology and 99% marketing...
Microsoft's early history being a notable case.

Adam Barbary wrote:
> I have just installed a Java update and was surprised to see it
> advertising Open Office. I know Sun systems is the main force behind
> OOo, but just had to smirk at the clever way they have delivered the
> advertisement. With most people requiring Java for the web, there is
> potential for a huge audience.
>
> "Want a fully featured office suit that is compatible with Microsoft
> Office for free?"
>
> Adam Barbary
> Japanese & IT
> Viewbank College

kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

I worship the ground you walk on, because I like grounds.  You, I'm not
so keen on.