[Year 12 IT Apps] OT: Rudd Money and Off Topic discussion

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Sep 4 09:13:12 EST 2008

Hi Mark (and all),

Can I suggest a compromise?

The last thing that I (or others) will want to do is to subscribe to a dozen
more lists based on topics that are the topics of the moment - nor would I
really want to subscribe to an 'Off-topic' list for the reasons you have
stated.  This community is so well established that I feel it is entirely
reasonably to have this sort of discussion on this list - it's really
discussions about the football or the weather that are truly 'off-topic'.

If those posting off-topic use the subject header of the message to state
this clearly, then those not interested in reading the emails simply need to
press the delete key (as I sometimes do).  It's a slight inconvenience but I
feel a fair one.

Cheers,
Adrian

Adrian Janson,
VITTA President
Director of ICT,
Melbourne High School,
Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au
Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org