[Year 12 IT Apps] SW on teacher laptop...

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 09:28:47 EST 2008

I managed to find a model that was coulc be used by either a USB2 or
Firewire connection. Very cute and powers itself from the laptop (last thing
you need is more power dongles)

When comparing both methods to shuffle files, I was  suprised how much
faster the firewire drive turned out to be .. until my technician pointed
out that the speed quoted for USB2 was only a  theoretical maximum and
rarely reached when moving large files at once. Another lesson learned.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au