[Year 12 IT Apps] OT virtual worlds for students

Reilly, Lorraine M reilly.lorraine.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon May 26 16:03:01 EST 2008

Hi,

I am interested in doing the PD.

Sounds great!

Lorraine Reilly

-----Original Message-----
From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Hutchison, Geoffrey
Sent: Sunday, 25 May 2008 9:38 PM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Year 12 IT Apps] OT virtual worlds for students

Is the PD online or onsite?

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of murch at tpg.com.au
Sent: Sunday, 25 May 2008 9:15 PM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List

For those who indicated interest in virtual worlds for students. There
is a new teacher pd coming up
from Quest Atlantis. So, I have just copied and pasted the information
from Bronwyn Stuckey below
my signature.
Anne Mirtschin
Hawkesdale p12 College

Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:19:47 +1000
From: Bronwyn Stuckey <bstuckey at intraceptives.com.au

You should consider Quest Atlantis   http://www.questatlantis.org
I am the International liaison for this free program which involves
games, curriculum activity, 3D design and building in a virtual world.
It is is designed and managed by a team at Indiana University and the
only 'cost' for entry is the teachers' time do the 4 90 minute sessions
of online training (one each week).
We have a new PD program for Aus and NZ time zones about to start
Thursday 29th May at 7pm NZ and 5pm Sydney. Teachers are invited to sign
up with a buddy (2 teachers from a school) and we take you through the
use of the program and help you with any technical issues, supply
resources and support you over your class time in QA.

Angela Cooke in Tasmania is already using QA in her online program - and
there are a number of teachers on this list who have trained and I am
sure can attest to the value of QA.

So Nathan and anyone else if you are interested please contact me and I
will make a place for you in the next PD session.

Bronwyn

Teachers Association Inc

those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.