[Year 12 IT Apps] Using Wikis..for a newbie!

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 11 15:06:39 EST 2008

Well, maybe not a newbie teacher, but newbie to wikis!
Hi folks, I have just introduced myself to setting up a wiki(this is new to me so stop laughing!).
I'd love to hear from others who use this tool and how they use it effectively...yes, I'm serious here..I have set up a page for each of my classes here and would like to hear from other's experiences.
How does Moodle compare to using a Wiki space?  I already am feeling that the Wiki is friendlier than Moodle and my learning curve here is only 24hrs old!
I am considering using it as a planning tool too as I'm not exactly a great organiser, more an ideas person.
Am guessing already that this is a great virtual collaboration tool too!
Oh, and I also noticed we can create a blog on the same site...how cool!!

Getting all excited over this new toy so best get back to work....

Others thoughts?

Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

PARTY..PARTEE,..PARTIE,...PARTAY!!
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."