[Year 12 IT Apps] Spam .....

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Wed Jan 23 13:39:22 EST 2008

Thanks for the info Kevork.

What a wondrous thing is a positive feedback loop.

In audio terms this is what causes that ear shattering, brain numbing squeal out of the PA system when the volume is turned up too high.

Perhaps global warming too. We use too much energy and put lots of C02 into the atmosphere that causes warming. So we turn up our aircon and use even more energy that puts more C02 into the atmosphere that causes more warming. So we turn up our aircon . . . .

I think we are suffering the same thing with this ridiculous "spam protection" system that is causing the feedback. I know I am suffering from email overload and am (not bewitched) quite bothered and bewildered. I am also thankful that I am not on my dial up connection in the Latobe valley at the moment :-)

So thanks again Kevork, hope you can get it sorted out relatively easily. Enjoy your holidays :-)

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood