[Year 12 IT Apps] Off Topic Excel Question

Diane Peat dpeat at firbank.vic.edu.au
Tue May 29 16:46:01 EST 2007

Hello everyone
I have a totally off-topic question that I’m hoping someone can answer. One
of our teachers has a spreadsheet with figures for LOTE exercises entered in
seconds (eg. 122.45, 80.32, 98.45, etc). she wants to reformat these figures
into minutes but the result displays in minutes with decimals in .10
increments (eg. 10:48) which, as well as being frustrating, is incorrect!
Does anyone know how to reformat minutes so that they display in minutes,
seconds and tenths of seconds?

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Diane Peat