[Year 12 IT Apps] U302 IPO

tony at star.melb.catholic.edu.au tony at star.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed May 16 15:03:00 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I don't have the Thomson text either but the 1st thing I thought upon
seeing this was...

Input: Web page content including text and images (images could also
be processed separately)
Processing: CSS formatting/processing the content (HTML)
Output: The finished web page

This obviously excludes any processing required by forums using DBs, etc.

Cheers,
TJ

At 02:43 PM 16/05/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Carolyn.  I don't have the Thomson text so I can't read the task,
>but you don't use IPO unless you're processing some data.
>
>What would be processed by a website?  Javascript, perhaps.  Or is
>the student processing something to create the website, e.g.
>changing an image's format or size?
>
>I can't see how IPOs and websites fit well together.
>
>Carolyn Pimentel wrote:
>>Hi everyone,
>>Thanks for the really helpful articles that are posted to this site.
>>I am hoping that someone may respond to this question as well.
>>The requirement for an IPO chart for SAC 2 (I have used the Thomson
>>textbook one - MLK Car Design) asks for an IPO chart to be created.
>>But I am finding that this is quite challenging for my students.
>>The first SAC IPO chart was conceptually easier to explain  'Input'
>>of fields, 'Processing' of queries and 'Output' of reports. But it
>>isnt so straightforward with website.
>>Does anyone have an easy, straightforward way of explaining this to
>>students for the website outcome Hopefully with examples.
>>Thanks
>>Carolyn
>>Authority and
>>http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>>Teachers Association Inc
>
>--
>Mark Kelly
>Manager - Information Systems
>McKinnon Secondary College
>McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
>Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
>School Phone +613 8520 9000
>School Fax +613 95789253
>kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
>
>Webmaster - http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
>IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
>Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List
>
>There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
>and those who don't.

>Teachers Association Inc

_______________________________________
This email and any attachments may be
confidential and, if you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information in this mail.  If received in error,
please notify us immediately and delete the
email and all copies.

The college does not guarantee that this email
is virus free or error free. Any attached files are
provided and may only be used on the basis that
the user assumes all responsibility for any loss,
damage or consequence resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether
caused by the negligence of the sender or not.

The content and opinions in this email are not
necessarily those of Star of the Sea College Inc.

--
This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this
mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the
Email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that this Email is virus
free or error free. The attached files are provided and may only be used on