[Year 12 IT Apps] VET IT Computers

Nash, Peter N nash.peter.n at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 15 15:45:56 EST 2007

It is one of the Edulists - contact Kevork ( www.edulists.com.au
<http://www.edulists.com.au/>  )

Regards

Peter Nash

IT Teacher

Galvin Park Secondary College

Shaws Road, Werribee, Vic. 3030

Tel: (03) 9741 4911

________________________________

From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Hock Khaw
Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2007 12:54 PM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Year 12 IT Apps] VET IT Computers

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your comprehensive response. I am not the person teaching
the course but am the Computer System Manager trying to get a
confirmation as to what system specs that are appropriate for the
teaching of VET IT. From your description below, can I ask that if we
were to deploy the HP Pentium 3 PCs with 20GB HD, 320Mb RAM would be
sufficient for the needs of the students.

We also provided them with an isolated network with a switch that the
students (and teacher) can use to practise their networking skills even
though the cables are running all over the lab!

What is the address of the VET IT List?

Thank you for your time.

Hock