[Year 12 IT Apps] U3-O2 data

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon May 14 15:11:55 EST 2007

I would argue that the content of the virtual team's text is very
relevant to the students showing their understanding of how the team
would use their site and its tools.

e.g. If you had a team IRC room filled with

Fred : Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit!
Mary : Sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna?

it doesn't show the team using the tool for knowledge sharing or
decision making.

Something like...

Fred: Can we agree on the colour scheme for the Global Widget now?
Mary: My English office colleagues prefer blue.
Leon: We in the Brazilian branch are fond of red.
Tom : Did you guys know 'Widget' is a foul oath here in Estonia?

... better shows the tool being used for realistic and relevant virtual
team purposes.

2.2 cents worth.

Mark