[Year 12 IT Apps] Cross platform operating systems

Anton Yoxon yox at sosc.vic.edu.au
Fri Jun 22 09:25:43 EST 2007

Thanks Roland I really do appreciate your comments.  I must say that ICT is
really now able to be integrated across the curriculum with the use of these
operating systems and their softwares.  My ICT classes are booming and
students are rushing down the doors to get into ICT classes.
cheers
Anton

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:00:22 +1000, Roland Gesthuizen wrote
> Well done Anton, it is a bit of an eye opener for our students when
> you do this. We had some fun getting BEOS, Ubuntu, Windows 1.0 and
> Windows98 up and running with VMWare.
>
> I was suprised how it engaged some of the year 11 girls who enjoyed showing
> off how much quicker they could navigate and do things compared to
> the gaggle of sad, lost lads who struggled once they were away from
> their more familiar home computer setup. A boy noted that they only
> permit their sisters to have a 'guest' account because of the
> supposed 'damage' that might be done. They ate humble pie. :-)
>
> Regards Roland
>
> On 20/06/07, Anton Yoxon <yox at sosc.vic.edu.au> wrote:
> >
> > Hey I just thought I would let the list know that we at South Oakleigh
> > secondary college have managed to set up and run Apple, windows and linux
> > Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian operating systems on each of our machines in one
> > of our IT rooms.  Five operating systems running at the same time on one
> > machine   The best of all worlds and lots of free software.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anton

> > and
> > http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers
> > Association Inc

> http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au
>
> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
> can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -
> -Margaret Mead

Anton Yoxon
Learning Technologies Manager
yoxon.anton.w at edumail.vic.gov.au