[Year 12 IT Apps] Fwd: VELS and semester reporting - please advise

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 7 10:38:43 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

 I hate to do this, but I haven't heard from the reporting list so I am
cross posting this for your advice please.

>>> Kevork Krozian 6/06/2007 10:29 am >>>
Hi Folks,

   Consider this dilemma ,

Students do a compulsory elective of ICT in 1 semester of Year 9 ( or
Yr 10 for that matter ). All students will do this elective, either in
Sem 1 or Sem 2. It is the same work for both semesters. Student X does
Sem 1, student Y does Sem 2.  They are twins.

 Both attain a progression point of 5.5 . However, student X gets a
grade of B and student Y gets a grade of C for the same work. So , how
do we explain this to parents ?  They are both achieving the same , yet
score different grades by the randomness of elective selection and
different stages ( or ages ) of assessment .

 How do we reconcile this ?

Look forward to your replies

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College