[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA sample questions revisited

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:37:17 EST 2007

Mark is quite right, we do need to be vigilant about any practice
examination questions that we might use with our students.  Product-specific
terminology is only of value to users that hit on the right meaning for a
particular term. Similarly, product-specific IT problems don't really help
us exploit the full potential of higher order thinking or solution
development that might come with more generic versions.

It is going to be hard but important for us to completely audit all
questions to neutralize all our product-specific terminology, screen grabs
or solutions. I will admit to having to having to pinch and punch myself
into being open minded enough to look beyond what I know and what I am
comfortable and familiar with.

When we only know how to use a hammer, every problem looks rather like a
nail.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au