[Year 12 IT Apps] Macros in Excel

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 26 08:37:01 EST 2007

Kids won't be expected to create macros in VBA or anything as
sophisticated as that.  A simple recorded macro will suffice to show
they understand the benefits and uses of macros... perhaps something as
simple as a button to jump to a different worksheet.

I know we'll have trouble at McKinnon since network security has made
macro creation very problematic.  If this can't be resolved, I'll just
get kids to suggest places where specific macros _would_ have been
useful, even if they could not actually create them.

Mark K

Russell Edwards wrote:
> Does anyone have any thoughts on common uses of macros in Excel?
>
> I am struggling to come up with any examples that are generally
> applicable, and therefore worth putting in to student exercises.    I
> use macros occasionally but they are generally quite specific to the
> particular job that spreadsheet is designed for.
>
> About all I can think of would be setting the active cell to the first
> input data cell upon opening, and inter-sheet navigation buttons.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Russell
> Whittlesea SC

School Phone +613 8520 9000