[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA List Moderation

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 25 18:05:10 EST 2007

Hello everyone.
Thanks Kevork for doing the moderator task - I am still getting my head
back into Australia after being away for so long.
Kevork has said it all and much better than Mark or I could.
As long as we keep reasonably cool, I like there to be plenty of
communication happening on these lists.
The VAST majority of all communications are outstandingly great and to
the point. People who ask for help on something usually are providing
stimulus points for others to respond to, and that goes on to help the
many others who were wondering but did not ask. Those who help one
person usually end up helping many, and so it goes.
Flames should almost never appear on the list, because they scare others
away - others who if not 'frightened' will grow to become active helpers
themselves. The suggestion that some negative communications might be
deemed needed requires that those communications be done off-list.
Thanks everyone.
Cheers, Keith
ITA Moderator.
Keith Richardson