[Year 12 Its] 2006 exam post mortem

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Mon Nov 13 20:49:10 EST 2006

Hi David,

Actually there is a difference between phased and "pilot over several steps"
as I understand it. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_adoption
Pilot is running a full new system on a small scale. If it works then direct
cutover would be likely from there for what is left of the old. If it
doesn't, then you might wonder about the value of the new system.
Phased by comparison is not a small scale full system but one or more
functions of the old system being replaced followed by more of the functions
of the old replaced , followed by further functions of the old replaced
until all the old is replaced.
Expanding pilot does not equal phased. Pilot has to be a full implementation
of the new on a small(er) scale.

Best Wishes
Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator