[Year 12 Its] 2006 exam post mortem

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Mon Nov 13 17:35:20 EST 2006

Don't be so picky!

Yes you can mix and match but

The definitions are quite simple and clear.

Direct: you do it all at once, in with the new and out with the old (but of
course you have tried it out first somewhere - pilot?)
Parallel: you keep the old system going alongside the new system while any
problems are sorted out
Phased: you bring in the new system a bit at a time - let's try the new data
entry module - ok that works well then let's try . . . .
Pilot: you try it one in one location first and the if that works, you
implement in all locations (either direct or parallel) and maybe your pilot
is direct, parallel or phased.

"Life wasn't meant to be easy."

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood