[Year 12 Its] pilot is semiparallele

Maggie Iaquinto IAQUIM at bialik.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 13 15:28:40 EST 2006

In the reading I have done, given some prompts from mail to this List
(Frank perhaps?), I have learned that pilot is an implementation
strategy not done on its own. Rather, pilot is now considered a
semiparallel form of implementation. Data is entered into an old system
AND a new system at the same time with pilot.

 So-- if pilot is used, then pilot + direct is OK  OR  pilot + phased is
OK.

On the IPM exam, I reckoned the examiners were looking for 'pilot' but
with the phrasing of the question, there were two correct answers :
pilot and parallel.

Maggie