[Year 12 Its] OT-Design and IT

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Thu May 11 18:18:27 EST 2006

Hello Frank
I too think you are on the right track - the technology is being used to
create artwork in the same way as paint and brush technology is. And
presumably the point of the subject is to teach something about Art, not
just about using the technology.

I see it as an old question in our discipline: when teaching application
software, where is the dividing line between teaching it as part of the
discipline of IT and teaching it as part of the application itself? eg word
processing v office work; excel v mathematics; photoshop v photographic art;
CAD v architecture and so on.

Wherever that dividing line is, I believe that once it has been crossed the
subject is no longer IT.

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC