[Year 12 Its] PHP and Software Development 2007

Travers, Graham J travers.graham.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 7 13:43:36 EST 2006

I've just put together an article for the next infonet on why and how to
use MySQL (and PHP). As Con has replied, you can do it all on a
standalone (I test CMS websites on my laptop). You configure your
computer to work as a server using, for example, AMP (Apache, MySQL,
PHP).

You can even use a a flash drive as your server, as explained here.

http://www.firepages.com.au/

I plan to upload a detailed set of instructions/exmples/tasks to the
VITTA resources site asap. The examples will include a forum.

Something else you can do is an on-line footy comp (MySQL/PHP).
I've got one going at

http://torquayfc.com/Footy_tipping/index.php

You can log in:
user Demo
password 123456
to try it out. Feel free to change the selections.

This could be set up on a standalone.

GT