[Year 12 Its] Donna's Dizzy Data Documentation Digression.

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Mon May 23 19:06:57 EST 2005

  I was hoping the 'industry consultation' would help the debate, not
hinder it.  I'm cross posting to tie things up.  Thanks and Apologies
to all as need be.

On 21/05/2005, at 5:05 PM, Steve Jenkin wrote:
> Perhaps Donna can forward this to "Kevork".

done.  Thanks to the Steves, Brenda & Adam for their replies.

On 21/05/2005, at 2:46 PM, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> I am not sure that Industry cares per se whether you call them
> primary or secondary to be honest.  Perhaps the question has a
> context that we're not aware of but the students would be?

Indeed. We're all getting dizzy on the edulist because of the
ambiguity of the question, and it's relevance as part of the broader
study design.   Leading one contributor to note:

Robert Timmer-Arends wrote:
> I understand the need for students knowing these things in light of
> the
> exam, but I'm interested in the larger issue of whether the exam
> should ask
> these kind of questions in the first place.
Sorry Robert, for adding to the headache.

cheers :-)
- D.

Donna Benjamin | donna at cc.com.au
Executive Director | Creative Contingencies
ph +61 3 93269985 | mob +61 418 310414
http://www.creativecontingencies.com