[Year 12 Its] Internal documentation

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Thu May 19 19:57:51 EST 2005

I agree with Barry and Allan. Just becuase 'help' can come as part of the
software package does not make it internal documentation. Traditionally,
internal documentation has meant that documentation that is embedded with
the code (comments, descriptive names, use of indentation...) and is
intended to help in the maintenance of the program, not its use. I guess it
has become a bit blurred with 'programmable' application software such as
spreadsheets and dbs but I think the principle still stands: internal
documentation is there to help in the maintenance of the 'solution', not in
its use.

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC